Empower adults to change their lives! Lifestyle Coaches deliver the Diabetes Prevention Center’s National Diabetes Prevention Program using curriculum developed by the CDC. Lifestyle Coaches will help participants develop and maintain the skills needed to adopt healthy eating and physical activity habits, and support participants by providing information, encouraging progress, and working with the group to address any challenges or barriers that arise.
• Knowledge of the principles of behavior change and group facilitation
• Ability to communicate effectively with individuals and in front of a small group
• Ability to guide behavior change without prescribing personal actions or solutions
• Ability to build relationships with individuals and create community within a group
• Ability to work with a diverse group of people of varying ages, ethnicity’s, life experiences, etc.
• Active listening skills
• Enthusiasm and a positive attitude
• Knowledge of basic health, nutrition, and fitness principles
Interested in becoming a coach?
To apply to become a lifestyle coach, please fill out the lifestyle coach interest form. The Diabetes Prevention Center has established policies and procedures to ensure the quality of its Diabetes Prevention Program.
If you have further questions about applying to become a lifestyle coach, contact email@example.com.